To advance the expertise and careers of future rural electric leadership, Lewis County REC will fund scholarships for high school students in our service territory whose parent or guardian is a member of Lewis County REC
1. This is a $1,000 Scholarship to be paid upon enrollment directly to the school.
2. The applicant must be a senior graduating from a school in Lewis County REC’s coverage territory.
a. Two scholarships will be awarded in the coverage area of Clark/Scotland County, Two in the coverage area of Knox/Shelby/Adair County, and two in the coverage area of Lewis/Marion County.
3. The applicant’s parent or legal guardian’s primary residence must be connected to Lewis County REC and the parent or legal guardian must have a membership in their name.
4. The applicant must attend an accredited institution of higher learning including Vocational School, Technical School, Junior College, or University.
5. The applicant must write a one page essay concerning their post-secondary goals and how those goals directly relate to their field of study or career and explain how this scholarship will help them achieve those goals.
a. Lewis County REC Scholarship Selection Committee will make all of the final decisions on recipients of the scholarships based upon the completion of the scholarship application, essay, and high school transcripts.
6. The completed application, essay (typed), and high school transcript must be delivered or postmarked by January 20, 2023. The official completed application (attached), high school transcript, and essay constitute application.
7. Relatives of the Board of Directors or employees as defined in the By-Laws will not be eligible.
Questions or correspondence may be directed to: Travis Mathes, PO Box 68, Lewistown MO 63452, 573-215-4000